Friday, September 16, 2005

The Duel (River P.3)


It had been a few hours and we were having a ball when suddenly a Mormon assault vehicle blasts past me at 95 mph! Apparently with all of the slap, tickle, and giggle going on I had allowed the car to slow to 75 mph. Laughter filled the car as the girls realized I was just passed by a family of five driving an Astrovan with luggage on the top. How could it be? Where did he come from? Why had he ass blasted me? These questions raced through my mind and slid back into the seat and felt my hands tighten on the wheel. No, no I don’t think so Mr. Fuck Stick Prick!!! The girls laughed and cheered as I slammed the pedal to the ground and one minute later hit 95 mph. The Partridge family saw me coming and sped up but they were no match for the sheer power on my four-cylinder town car. I flew past them screaming and laughing into the open air…. I was victorious. We drove on playing and singing to such hits as Bye Bye Bye (by N’sync) and Africa (by Toto) when suddenly a flash of luggage crossed my vision AGAIN. They had found us!! The sound of laughter and screams filled the car once again as I felt my blood go cold. I realized with a jolt that if I allowed this speeding 1970’s television show to beat me that I could never look my unborn child in the eyes, I realized that the very world might hang in the balance. FAILURE WAS NOT AN OPTION!! I smiled as I thought, “This is when watching Days of Thunder 126 times on TNT is going to pay off”. I slammed the peddle to the floor and 65 seconds later I was flying past the Partridge family again…..It was finally over. I had done it.
We drove for a few more hours. Carl called a few times to find out where we were…Why did he want to know? Was he in cahoots with the Partridge family? I didn’t know, but I decided to trust him.
We drove down the dirt road looking for our cabin, it was pitch black and chicks have lousy night vision. It was all up to me.
Just as Jennifer had found the road a pair of headlights came out of nowhere!!! WAS IT THEM?? HOW DID THEY FIND ME?? WAS THIS THE END??
No it was Carl, and he had come to guide us home.
But the Adventure was far from over………

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home